Lighting Use

Lighting use

Lighting is an important part of my show as I wanted the whole thing to be extremely bright and colourful and inviting to the audience. When filming the festival themed studio scene, I made sure to set up for filming in direction of the sun so that everything was well illuminated. My filming was planned during the middle of the day in summer so it was well lit all around but I had made sure that the set I created was definitely going to be lit and not in shade.

The music video clip had a very different approach to lighting as I wanted more intense emotions to be visible in that section when compared to the rest of the show. So I filmed the music video in the evening as the sun was setting in order to portray the drama of the song and the acting. However, I made sure that the area wasn’t too dark and ensured that the bulk of the filming was done before the sun had really set. I also wanted the blue light to be evident in this section as it links to the song title, the setting at the beach and contrasts well against the evening sky. I achieved this blue feature through filming the light up structures along the seafront as well as using reflective blue paper to streak light across Ryan’s face in a close up shot.


The final main segment of my show is the interview in New York. I filmed this using a green screen so lighting was a key factor. I had to make sure the screen was well lit to avoid shadows so the effects would work at their best during editing. I achieved this by using the lights that came with the green screen in order to create a strong artificial light that would show up well against the green screen.

1 comment:

  1. Good use of varied light sources to achieve your desired effects.

    ReplyDelete

All Original Images Used